WHAT MAKES LASER WELDING SO ATTRACTIVE?
90% TIME SAVINGS*
65% COST SAVINGS*
* compared to manual MIG Welding
Normal arc welding produces 9.82 grams of CO2 per second
PhotonWeld laser Welding produces 1,57 gram CO2 per second
84% less CO2 PRODUCTION by PHOTONWELD Laser Welding
No limit in age up to laser Weld
Photonweld simply the best for everybody
- No limit in age up to laser Weld
They are very fast:
The laser allows the metal to be heated extremely quickly, while limiting the risk of deformation.
This technology is particularly effective for welding large quantities of sheet metal and is therefore widely used in the automotive industry.
They are also highly accurate:
They allow a localized, very fine, very clean, almost invisible welding.
They are particularly suitable for welding small parts.
This type of welding is very popular in the dental and jewellery industries as it provides the most aesthetic welding possible.
It is also possible to split the laser beam into several beams to provide welding that is even more accurate.
They can be adapted to a wide variety of part shapes and materials:
Laser welding machines are mainly used to weld metals, including refractory metals.
It is also possible to weld non-metallic parts with them, such as porcelain and glass.
You can use them to weld parts with very different shapes.
They do not wear out:
Laser welding machines operate without contact, so there is no risk of wear and tear on the machine.
There is also no need to change tools or electrodes, which is a definite advantage in terms of waste reduction.
They can be given orders digitally:
It is now possible to control the quality of the welding from a computer during the welding process.
The high level of automation allowed by such a process also makes it possible to detect and solve any quality problems.
They are VERY affordable
Fiber laser welding is now with our Lasermach WOBBLE Handheld fiber laser welding machine VERY affordable and accesable for every company
Gas Metal Arc Welding (GMAW) vs Laser Welding
Gas Metal Arc Welding or MIG is a traditional technique using a consumable electrode that works well for larger, badly fitting parts.
Laser welding does not use consumable electrodes, requires less edge preparation, is easily automated and is up to 5x faster.
Lasers also provide more precision, and lower heat input.
Gas Tungsten Arc Welding (GTAW) vs Laser Welding
GTAW or TIG uses a non-consumable electrode and provides better process control than GMAW but any filler has to be added separately.
Lasers are up to 10x faster with higher precision, lower heat input, and are more easily automated.
Plasma Arc Welding (PAW) vs Laser Welding
Plasma Arc Welding is faster than Gas Tungsten Arc Welding, but much slower than laser welding. Having a large melt pool, PAW is good for badly aligned parts, but creates too much heat for many applications.
Lasers offer higher precision, are faster, and have lower heat input in a non-contact process.
Laser Wobble Welding is as effective on misaligned parts and does not require daily maintenance of the process head.
Resistance Spot Welding (RSW) vs Laser Welding
RSW is typically used for joining two pieces of material that are stacked on top of each other.
lasers only need single-side access, are much faster, and produce higher-strength welds.
Lasers do not require electrodes and eliminate the costs and time for electrode replacement.
Electron Beam Welding (EB) vs Laser Welding
Electron Beam welding provides excellent weld quality and a low heat affected zone. Because the process is in a vacuum chamber, contaminant levels are very low.
Laser welding speed is similar to electron beam, but because lasers do not require part transfer through a vacuum chamber, laser cycle time is dramatically shorter.
- Lasers provide contact-free, high-speed metal welding solutions for advanced manufacturing across countless industries. With fiber lasers, laser welding has become a highly reliable, easily automated process that provides the highest part quality, typically at the lowest processing costs, and virtually maintenance free.
- They are very fast: Laser Welding is much faster and more versatile than traditional welding methods. Laser energy provides consistent energy to the weld spot. This means excellent speed, thermal control, and seam quality. Voids and pockets are eliminated and secondary finishing is unnecessary.
- Minimal Heat Input: The laser allows the metal to be heated extremely quickly, while limiting the risk of deformation It reduces improper alterations to components. Less heat transfer to the surrounding metal also means less distortion at the weld seam. Also a much smaller HAZ (Heat Affected Zones) and much less crackings just beside the weld.
- They are highly accurate: They allow a localized, very fine, very clean, almost invisible welding with high precision. The laser beams can be easily controlled to weld the tiniest of parts without damaging them. They are particularly suitable for welding small parts, they are extremely accurate .
- They have a high consistency: It delivers consistent repeatability. One weld to the next can be virtually indistinguishable.
- They guarantee great strength: Laser Wobble welders do creates very high-strength welds.
- They can be adapted to a wide variety of part shapes and materials: You can use them to weld parts with very different shapes and to make complex Joints. It makes welding together materials that differ from each other possible.
- They do not wear out: Laser welding machines operate without contact, so there is no risk of wear and tear on the machine. There is also no need to change tools or electrodes, which is a definite advantage in terms of waste reduction. Pure and stable fiber laser source , 100,000 hours of lifetime, free of maintenance
- They are VERY Economical: High electro-optical conversion efficiency (32% standard and up to 50% with our EcolEner Technology), excellent beam quality, high energy density, and reliability, a wide modulation frequency. Low energy consumption, only 20%-30% of the traditional welding machine. They have very low cost of ownership and maintenance costs
- They are VERY Profitabl: Fiber laser welding is now with our Lasermach WOBBLE Handheld fiber laser welding machine VERY affordable and accesable for every company
- Highest Part Yield: The high stability of the laser power and beam profile of the fiber laser ensures a very repeatable process that delivers the same high-quality weld every time. This non-contact process with no wearing surfaces ensures the last part you produce is the same as the first.
- High Throughput: The inherently high speed of laser processing combined with the ease of high-speed automation and elimination of most post-processing steps provide significantly shorter cycle times than competing technologies. Factor in the high-yield process, and WOBBLE fiber laser welding delivers more good parts faster than alternate joining techniques.
- Fast ROI: Together with higher-speed and lower-cost processing, the high uptime and availability of the laser welding system enabled by the zero-maintenance fiber laser make for the lowest cost per part welding, and the fastest return on investment.
Quality, speed and clean processing makes our PhotonWeld laser welding machine a favorite for fabricators and manufacturers.