WHAT MAKES LASER WELDING SO ATTRACTIVE FOR BALUSTRADES, GATES, FENCES AND STAIRS CONSTRUCTION?
90% TIME SAVINGS*
65% COST SAVINGS*
* = compared to Manual Welding
Stainless steel is a material used in both domestic and commercial balustrades because it is a material that is not only durable but easy to maintain too. Stainless steel is a material that does not warp, crumble, fracture, chip or bend with use or time.
The building regulations say that you can use any material provided it can stop people and/or pets falling. It does so by resisting force and pressure. Technically, that means you could use paper as a balustrade but it has to be able to stop people from falling, which it clearly can’t. That is because when someone leans against it, it will not hold their weight.
The five top benefits for opting for a stainless-steel balustrade
When it comes to handrails on balustrades, it is important you choose a material that holds firm, no matter how much weight is pressed upon it. You do not want it to buckle under pressure or give way. Wood can potentially break. Other materials can bend but not stainless steel. When it comes to a balustrade, stainless steel must surely be one of the most robust materials you can use.
2. EASY TO MAINTAIN
Second on our top five list is just how easy stainless is to keep clean and aesthetically pleasing to the eye. No matter its location – stainless steel works great in and outside of a property – it takes very little effort and ‘elbow grease’ to keep it clean. Better still, it doesn’t require any special or expensive cleaning material to keep it looking good.
- For surface marks, simply wipe with a clean cloth and buff to a high shine if wanted.
- For more stubborn marks, use a mild soapy mix of warm water, a soft cloth or if necessary a soft bristled brush.
Stainless steel is a material used in both domestic and commercial balustrades because it is a material that is not only durable but easy to maintain too.
No list of benefits of stainless steel balustrades would be complete without the mention of the budget.
- Cost effective to install – as an application, a stainless-steel handrail and balustrade is cost effective to install. This is because there are no special requirements to be able to deal with it on site and it is an easy material to handle in the construction process too.
- Cost effective material – in terms of its cost, as a material it is one of the most affordable too. Another plus for helping your budget stretch further.
- Cost effective to maintain – as a material and in its application as a balustrade an handrail, there is no long term or ongoing maintenance needed and that means it is cheap to maintain too.
No matter which finish you choose – brushed matte or high gloss – there is something delightfully appealing about the shine to a stainless-steel balustrade. The combination of beauty and strength makes it one of the most appealing materials for a balustrade. It adds a contemporary feel to any design or application, whether that is an outside application or an interior one. It works well in all kinds of interior design schemes too, from the traditional to the minimal design that so many homeowners are finding appealing.
5. DESIGN VERSATILITY
And that leads us nicely onto the last point – stainless steel must be a material that is surely one of the most versatile when it comes to design. There is a riot of designs that will suit your home or commercial setting, from rounded handrail to square, angular ones. This massive range of designs makes it a popular choice for many our customers.